Taguig is adaptable to change.
What was once a farming and fishing settlement between Namayan and the ancient kingdoms of Tondo four hundred years ago is now considered as one of the more highly urbanized and industrialized areas in the Philippines. Slated to become the next juggernaut as the largest office district in the country (next only to Makati City), Taguig is expected to become one of the vital economic contributors in Metro Manila in the coming years. After all, BGC alone has streets lined up with offices and shopping districts, thereby creating multitudes of employment opportunities.
In a nutshell, Bonifacio Global City (BGC for brevity) in Taguig is a mini-metropolis of its own.
The place has everything an individual could possibly need and want–from an excellent range of shopping malls and districts to competent tertiary hospitals nearby. For all these reasons, it is quite inevitable for BGC, Taguig to become one of the most coveted and prestigious zip codes in Metro Manila. However, because places in BGC are highly sought-after, real estate property prices within the city (and even nearby) are driven even higher and are likely to be priced at a premium. After all, contending with premium property rates is the price one pays to have all the modern conveniences of a city a stone’s throw away.
With all these considered, BGC makes for an excellent place where businesses could potentially prosper. The strategic location complemented by a high-density population makes Taguig one of the prime areas for businesses—whether local or international, big or small. Location, being a critical element of a successful business, makes Taguig the next prime spot for success. And while Makati has always been seen as Metro Manila and the country’s central business hub, Taguig’s Bonifacio Global City has proven itself to be a worthy contender.
FACTS ABOUT TAGUIG (BGC)
- A report by international consultancy firm Pronove Tai has recorded that Taguig recently overtook the Ortigas central business district as the second-largest office district in the Philippines.
- Taguig, BGC is the second-largest office hub in the country—second only to Makati City.
- BGC, Taguig is recorded to have the highest supply of offices open for leasing. In fact, Taguig takes up about 35% of the quantity of available office space in the metropolis. Incidentally, it is also the business district with the highest rental growth.
- Taguig City is poised to achieve a pivotal role in the economic viability of the country—even with its rather unsuccessful past. Originally, Taguig was a settlement along the shores of Laguna de Bay and is known for its rice threshers “Taga-giik” from where the city’s name is derived after Spanish conquistadors mispronounced it.
- During the American occupation, Taguig cemented its place in Philippine history when the United States government bought 25.78 square kilometers of property in the city to serve as a base for its military. That same base was known as Fort McKinley and then later changed to Fort Bonifacio. Today, it is known as Bonifacio Global City and stands as one of the Philippines’ biggest financial districts.
REASONS TO BRING YOUR BUSINESS TO BGC, TAGUIG
It experiences high foot traffic regularly.
- One of the reasons why BGC, Taguig is such an enviable business area is because of the amount of foot traffic the city has daily. As the place is peppered with a myriad of offices and condominium properties, employees and residents are within easy reach.
It is the real center of Metro Manila.
- As a savvy entrepreneur, it is important to ensure that your employees, as well as your prospective clients, can easily reach your office without hassle. Easy transportation to and from the office is made possible with BGC’s strategic location. After all, five of its neighboring cities are where many working professionals live, while the district has five major access points mitigating the likelihood of traffic gridlocks.
State-of-the-art structures and facilities
- BGC is relatively younger than Makati in terms of being a business district. As BGC is relatively new, it should come as no question that the area is more advanced when it comes to the design and architecture of its structures. More importantly, the city is master-planned to ensure that infrastructure, albeit sophisticated, is relatively at a lower cost in comparison to other areas.
An array of amenities that encourage and support work-life balance
- BGC is designed to be a walkable city, and while the place is teeming with office skyscrapers and office towers, it also has its fair share of parks and open spaces. Employees and professionals who are looking to relax can easily walk around. More importantly, as it is a walkable city, people are treated to an array of dining and shopping choices during their lunch breaks or upon leaving the office.